National Diploma in Hospitality (Operational Management) - (Level 5)This qualification is intended for people with prior experience in hospitality and who wish to acquire the knowledge and skills to manage a business unit within a large enterprise. It is suitable for people who hold, or aspire to hold an operational manager’s position in the kitchen, food and beverage, or rooms division areas.
The core compulsory section of this qualification covers the areas of:
- Developing and coordinating people
- Supervisory management
- Training and assessment
- Hospitality operations and
- Hospitality management
This qualification can lead on from:
- National Certificate in Hospitality (Specialist Food and Beverage Service) (Level 4) with strands in Advanced Food Service, Advanced Beverage Service, Advanced Wine Service, and Guéridon and Silver Service [Ref: 0915];
- National Certificate in Hospitality (Hotel Reservations) (Level 4) [Ref: 1273];
- National Certificate in Hospitality (Operations Supervision) (Level 4) with strands in Food and Beverage Service, Gaming, Accommodation, and Front Office [Ref: 0882];
- National Certificate in Hospitality (Professional Cookery) (Level 4) with strands in Pasta and Rice, Pâtisserie, Larder, and Fish and Shellfish [Ref: 0554];
- National Certificate in Hospitality (Functions Coordination) (Level 4) [Ref: 1339].
- People currently working in general management positions in the hospitality industry and who wish to have their knowledge and skills recognised are advised to consider the attainment of the National Diploma in Hospitality (Business Management) (Level 5) ?Ref: 0883].
This qualification has been designed for workplace training and assessment. Candidates for this national diploma will have demonstrated operational skills at levels 2 and/or 3 and/or 4 that are relevant to their chosen strand, or will have equivalent experience.